His name is Nicholas James Vujicic popularly called Pastor Nick. He was born on 4th December, 1982 to Serbian Australian parents. He was born with no arms and feet a medical disorder known as "phocomelia" which is a rare disorder. He testified that he almost gave up on life at age 10 because it was difficult for him to survive, because he was bullied on many occasions. But guess what he went to secondary school and graduated and he is also an Alma mater of Griffith University where he obtained a Bachelor's degree in Accounting and Financial planning. It will interest us more to know that he is happily married to kanae Miyahara and they are blessed with two kids Kiyoshi James and Dejan Levi. He has inspired many souls globally today with the message of hope that you should never give up on life. He has written many books and acted movies where he has received numerous awards. Despite his condition, he loves swimming, fishing, typing and writing. I am so inspired by this and on this note we will draw out five lessons from this incredible young man;
- Maintain a positive attitude: in whatever situation you find yourself, always maintain a positive mentality, always believe in better days ahead, have hope that it is not over until it is, believe in your potentials.
- Do not wallow in self- pity: Once you have self pity in your present circumstances, you will remain in that situation. Don't pity yourself accept what has come and try to get over it and move on. Pastor Nick seeing that there was nothing he could do to his condition had no choice than to move on.
- Despite all odds, Survive: life is all about survival of the fittest, if you are not fit enough, survival will be difficult for you. Pastor Nick did not allow his condition to limit his success, he learnt to adapt to the situation at hand.
- Learn to accept the gift of life: everything in life has a purpose, therfore learn to accept the gift of life, we all have hidden gifts and Potentials, discover those gifts, accept it and learn to move on. It is often said that this life we are living is a gift, use it wisely.
- Invite of your obstacles and circumstances, it is possible to overcome them and that obstacles can be turned into opportunities, have the spirit of persistence, determination and resilience, never settle for less, you are worth more than you think.